Wednesday 28 May 2014

The way things are...

I am too wary about complaining too much about things. There are things that I keep quiet about, and then I am questioned why I didn't voice it at the right time. Contradictory to this, when I do complain, I am told "some things are just the way they are. It's difficult to change them" or something like "nothing much can be done about it". What am I supposed to do? Seriously. Sometimes I complain selectively.

Now I think its better to rant about it to people who don't give a damn about the problem but ready to listen. Get it all off the chest. Then move on. There is politics everywhere. Rules and regulations are in place to shut people's mouth. If a rule is breached and you voice about it, you'd be told to shut up in a nice way. In a polite way. This is how problems are dealt with in Britain. Sometimes you fall into the trap and shake your head like a fool and say Oh I see. That's what it is. Ok I take it on my shoulder and I move on.  There you are. Your concern has been addressed and dealt with. With no problems. This is how the system works.

I shall tell you one incident for example, my father used to be a t-mobile customer for more than 10 years who was persuaded to change to EE when he upgraded his contract. Now, he was charged a significant sum in his bill for spams from a fraud company and when we called EE to discuss, we were told that, We are sorry, this third party company is known for these extra charges, this has happened to many other customers. Nothing can be done but we can stop it in the future. How comes this never happened before but now? How a third party company that charges you for nothing got the mobile number? Why can you not block such companies from charging your customers like this although you were aware of it? EE was not even apologetic about it.
This has happened about a couple of months ago and this post is not alone about this.

So, if you want to complain about something to someone in a higher position than you, think twice whether you will win or not. More than winning, the whole point must be about bringing a change. If you don't think anything is going to change for the better, you might as well save yourself from getting a troublemaker name.

No comments:

New season

 I cannot believe I made it back in here for the second time this year.  My new baby is playing/about to cry sort of state in the background...